Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Puppy!

Do you recall in the last post when I wrote,

"I really did it and it worked!!  Not only did it work, it was easy, fun, and magical!  What more could a girl ask for?  

A puppy." ?

Well, how many times have I told you how great my husband is?  Soooooo many times.  And after this post, the entire blogosphere will agree.  Meet my birthday present from Joe.  We've named him "Jip."  
Ten points to anyone who can leave a comment naming the literary reference :)



 Eeeee!  Did you just say "Cute" to yourself in a really high-pitched voice??  Because I am, constantly. Also, I'm in a quandary because I don't know how I'm going to discipline that cute little face :)
 You'll have to excuse his wet face--he wanted to know what was coming out of the garden hose.


 Razor sharp teeth, those are.  Yikes, we're trying to teach him to stop biting fingers and toes.  Ouch!


Little Jip is a Maltese, weighs in at a whopping 2.7 pounds, and is bouncy and playful.  Except right now he's sleeping on the couch next to me.  So sweet when he's not stabbing my fingers with his little teeth.

A huge "Thank You!" to his breeders, the Stutzman family.  We went and picked Jip up from their farm in Iowa yesterday and they were incredibly kind and helpful.  I emailed back and forth with them, asking many many questions and when we went to pick up this sweet guy they gave us all the information we needed to know and a healthy, happy puppy.  Thank you, Stutzman Family for your help and for this beautiful little guy!  
If you want more information on the Stutzmans and their farm, check out their website linked above or at stutzmanspuppies.com.  

Well, that's all I have to show you.  You know what I'll be doing for the next few days!!  Have a great rest of the week!

~The Doodle Bug

3 comments:

  1. He's so cute! :) I also have the same dog breed like Jip and I love their white fur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, he is so cute!!! You will have to have him come over and play with Natti! It was nice meeting you and Joe at the birthday party tonight. I love your blog. You are so talented! I will definently keep shopping at Now & Again! Hope to see you guys again soon.
    -Emily Martinson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pet Containment: Thanks! Yes, his fur is so soft! I give him baths pretty frequently so it stays smelling nice :)

    Emily--I'm sure he would LOVE to play with Natti--as long as she promises not to eat him :) It was great to meet you guys as well--and I'll work on the tags for the store :) See ya!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and questions!