Monday, December 13, 2010

Merry Christmas Wreath

Merry Christmas Everyone!  Around here, it's been Christmas time for a while now, but I thought I would put up a post about a simple, inexpensive way to bring in some sparkly shiny Christmasy fun.

In about, mmm, October I think, I made this wreath.  I found all the different pieces for it at the thrift store, and the total cost was under $8.  Can't get much better than that!

Here's what I started with:


Here's a basic wreath with some pinecones.



And these great blue ornaments were what caught my eye in the first place.  Inspiration!  And I found some silver ornaments, a strand of clear indoor Christmas lights, and silver ribbon.

First, I took the red bow off the wreath and then sprayed a metallic spray that I talked about here onto the wreath, spraying a little extra on the pinecones.
Then, I put the white lights around the wreath.
Next, I wrapped the silver ribbon around it, and used my hot glue gun to glue the ornaments onto the wreath.  And Voile! in about 10 minutes, I have a wreath for Christmas!
Here it is in our window.
This is our fat little tree!  I read about a trick with the lights, where weaving the lights in toward the trunk and then out to the ends of the branches will make the tree "glow."  
We tried it, and really love it. 
And this is our center ornament this year, the one that my parents gave to Joe and I last year on our first Christmas together.  *Awwwwwwww!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and questions!